At the end of the month, I was asked to travel to another country to help develop curriculum for training. The morning after I arrived, I turned on my computer to discover that the operating system wouldn’t load. Unfortunately, a virus had infected my hard drive and caused it to run itself to death.
I am thankful that I have an excellent international warranty, but it took a lot of work to get a new hard drive and then try to get my operating system reinstalled. I had to delay by return home and still didn’t get my computer until the night before I left. Some files were salvaged, but they are all in the other country. Trying to work without email addresses, old files, and some of my programs has been difficult to say the least.
In a few weeks, people in the US will be looking at jobs to come to this part of the world. We are trying to move to a new format of uploading requests. Currently there are many glitches in the system compounded by the loss of all my files which is making for a tremendous workload.
No comments:
Post a Comment