I didn’t realize how fatiguing this much time away from home would be. At the start of my trip, I visited the girls I am helping supervise in their language studies and cultural acquisition. This is about the time that culture shock has set in for everyone. It is also the time for decisions about where to live and changes that need to be made in team dynamics. This made the first part of my trip very tiring.
Even though I enjoy working on curriculum development, there is so much that needs to be done it is almost overwhelming at times. Even though the bulk of the material is together, there is a ton of editing and unifying to be completed.
A week into the trip, I decided I needed to add a few days on to this trip to meet with artists for another project. This project is a curriculum to educate women about health matters. I am extremely excited about this, but by the time I left for home the blood vessels in both eyes had burst from strain.
It is nice to climb back onto my mattress on the floor and hope for the day when I can have a bed of my own.
Even though I enjoy working on curriculum development, there is so much that needs to be done it is almost overwhelming at times. Even though the bulk of the material is together, there is a ton of editing and unifying to be completed.
A week into the trip, I decided I needed to add a few days on to this trip to meet with artists for another project. This project is a curriculum to educate women about health matters. I am extremely excited about this, but by the time I left for home the blood vessels in both eyes had burst from strain.
It is nice to climb back onto my mattress on the floor and hope for the day when I can have a bed of my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment