For over a week in early September temperatures were below 100F. I was told
that summer (with highs reaching 130F) was over and winter would soon be coming. With great enthusiasm, I began buying and putting out candles in various rooms of my house.
I rent a second floor house which gets pretty warm at times especially since my bedroom is the only one with an AC. This week we had a warm front come through. Although it was nothing compared to our summer, I soon discovered all my nice tall candles were bent over.
The good news is they were soft enough to make straight again and put in the fridge till cool winds blow back this direction (I wish I had thought to take a picture before I fixed them). Maybe you can imagine how people feel in weather hot enough to melt candles!
I rent a second floor house which gets pretty warm at times especially since my bedroom is the only one with an AC. This week we had a warm front come through. Although it was nothing compared to our summer, I soon discovered all my nice tall candles were bent over.
The good news is they were soft enough to make straight again and put in the fridge till cool winds blow back this direction (I wish I had thought to take a picture before I fixed them). Maybe you can imagine how people feel in weather hot enough to melt candles!
No comments:
Post a Comment